Dear Members and Players,
We hope that you have been keeping well over the lockdown period, and are looking forward to returning to court ASAP!
The Griffith Tennis Club is continuing to follow the Community Tennis Guidelines provided by Tennis NSW:
Effective July Ist:
The NSW Government has issued a new Public Health Order (PHO), in which it has given
specific directions in relation to community sporting activities. Pursuant to the PHO:
- Where community sporting activities (including training sessions) involve more
than 20 participants, the organiser of those activities must have a COVID-19
- “Participants” include players, people who are training, officials and spectators;
- The maximum number of participants at a community sporting event must not
The Government maintains its direction that occupiers of premises must ensure that there is at least
4 square metres of space for each person on the premises.
At this stage, as an outdoor event, and due to the smaller numbers (< 20) for our Winter Social Competition, no changes to our current operating procedures are required. We expect players to observe social distancing, and follow this checklist before you play:
Stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have flu-like symptoms
- If you are in a high risk health category
Thank you for your cooperation, and continued support!
The Griffith Tennis Club Committee