There are a variety of Social Comps at the Griffith Tennis Club, with something for everyone!
|Competition||Start/End Time||Comp Format||Registration/Cost||Comp Organiser||Extra Info|
|Monday Night Ladies||7:00pm – 9:00pm||Teams of 4; each player plays 3 sets as doubles.||Individual registration only – $120 (first comp) or $80 (if second comp in same season)||Julie Napoli – 0437 130 711 or Neroli Arnold – 0428 347 169||DRAW LADDER|
|Tuesday Morning Ladies (social)||9:30am – 11:00am||Team numbers and sets played vary||Pay-as-you-play $5||Carmel Jamieson – 0407 623 322 or 6962 3949||N/A|
|Chilled-out Tuesdays (Casual)||7:00pm – 9:00pm||Individuals pay-as-you-play to form matches of doubles or singles.||Pay-as-you-play $5||Bec Byrne – 0405 733 849||N/A|
|Wednesday Morning Ladies (social)||9:00am – 11:30am||Team numbers and sets played vary||Individual registration only – $140||Tara Gunn – 0409 067 711 or Sue Hall – 0429 706 176||N/A|
|Note: a crèche is available for Wednesday Morning Ladies|
|Wednesday Night Mixed||7:00pm – 9:00pm||Teams of 4; each player plays 3 sets as doubles.||Team registration $640 or Individual registration – $120 (first comp) or $80 (if second comp in same season)||Robyn Meehan – 0429 487 472||DRAW|
|Thursday Night Mens||7:00pm – 9:00pm||Team numbers and sets played vary||Pay-as-you-play $5||Danny Dossetor – 0448 002 224||N/A|
- Seasons – Summer comp season commences in early February and finishes at the end of May and Spring season commences in August and finishes in December.
- Public Holidays – usually evening comps are not scheduled to play on Public Holidays – please review individual comp draw to check.
- School Holidays – evening comps break for all school holidays.
- Washouts – A captain is nominated (or appointed) for each evening comp team, as primary contact for notifications of washouts/cancellations. The captain is then responsible for advising their team.
- Registrations – expressions of interest to play in evening comps should be made to the relevant organiser by the Friday of the week prior to the season start, to allocate players and teams for the draw. Registration forms are due with fees (below).
- Fees – all individual and team registration fees are due by the end of Week 2 competition of each season.
- Reserves – All players are required to arrange their own reserves – to register your interest in playing as a reserve, please contact the relevant comp organiser at any time during the season to add your name to the RESERVES LIST. It is the responsibility of each player/team to arrange any payment from reserves playing. Note: For graded comp, a reserve player must not have played at a higher grade than the position they are filling in for.
- Forfeit – In the event that a team is required to forfeit an evening comp match, the comp organiser should be notified before 6 pm to advise the other team.
- Supper – supper duty for Monday and Wednesday night comps is rostered amongst teams. Usually each player in the rostered team contributes a plate of food to share with all players, with a cup of tea and a chat either during or at the end of the evening.
- Team members – mixed evening teams may consist of more than 4 players, if players want to share matches. A junior male can play as a female player and female players can play as male players.